Southbridge, MA asked in Immigration Law for Massachusetts

Q: I have a friend who is US naturalized citizen. He wants to bring his son here as a US citizen. How long would that take?

He may have done something, but I don't know yet. By the way, he's from GHANA. A friend is going to Ghana, and he wants to find out whether a form needs to be completed to be sent to the son? What are the required forms to be completed by both the father and the son? And how long does the entire process take?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Agnes Jury
Agnes Jury
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Traverse City, MI

A: He would start by filing form I-130 with USCIS (see: Your/your friend's questions would be answered best by doing a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. You can find one here on, or If your friend can't find an attorney to do a free consultation or can't afford a consultation then he can get more information here:,may%20file%20Form%20I%2D129F.

Best wishes!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.