Asked in DUI / DWI for Maryland

Q: I was pulled over for a DWI in Maryland in January 2021 with a .06 bac. Legal limits are .08. More than a year later..

I have not been charged. A dwi in Maryland is a misdemeanor. Can I hire a lawyer to file a motion to dismiss since it’s beyond the statute of limitations?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: If you have not been charged and citations have not been issued, there is nothing that an attorney can do since there is nothing to move to dismiss. If charges have not been filed by now, you will not be charged.

If citations were issued, then you have been charged and the statute of limitations was satisfied when the citations were given to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.