Washington, DC asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Nebraska

Q: What type of attorney do I need? I've been wrongfully accused of elder abuse as of 3/8/22 and I requested an appeal.

There are multiple mitigating circumstances that weren't considered and I have multiple character witnesses and evidence of how I treat my patients. I was in a room with another co-worker when the alleged abuse took place. We were dressing a confused and agitated resident for dinner and she dug her nails into my flesh( I have photo) all I did IN THE PRESENCE OF A STAFF MEMBER...was remove her hands from my person and hold them while the other person put her pants on... this was to protect BOTH of us... however this is a small rural facility and I was an outsider- agency employee hired by facility to help out staff, they are not looked on favorably...and this young lady was a new employee whose mother had worked there for years...there were also 3 unaccounted for hours when I wasn't in the presence of the resident after the purported incident occurred and when the resident told me her hand hurt - WHICH I REPORTED IMMEDIATELY MYSELF...relaying MY last known interaction with her...

1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If this is due to a criminal charge, you should retain a criminal defense attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.