Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Elder Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nebraska Elder Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Elder Law for Nebraska on
Q: How can I find out if a person has a power of attorney?

My grandmother is in the beginning stages of dementia and she doesn’t know if she has a will or if she has power of attorney and she doesn’t know where any of her legal documents are at.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 8, 2024

If she wants you to be her attorney in fact, then get a NE attorney to draft a Durable POA for her to execute. She can even record the POA saying it revokes any other prior POAs out there. But you will be a fiduciary for her best interests, not your own.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Nebraska on
Q: What type of attorney do I need? I've been wrongfully accused of elder abuse as of 3/8/22 and I requested an appeal.

There are multiple mitigating circumstances that weren't considered and I have multiple character witnesses and evidence of how I treat my patients. I was in a room with another co-worker when the alleged abuse took place. We were dressing a confused and agitated resident for dinner and she... View More

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Mar 28, 2022

If this is due to a criminal charge, you should retain a criminal defense attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate for Nebraska on
Q: What are the steps to getting your name added to a house title in Lincoln Nebraska? Brother had mom's name removed.

My dad passed, my brother removed mom's name so he's the only person on the title. My mother is elderly and she said she didn't know. I was never consulted and found out by looking at the county records. My bother said I can be put on the title but I don't know where to start.

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Sep 4, 2020

If you are implying that there may have been some type of fraud in removing the mother's name and adding the brother's name to the title, then that needs to be looked into and corrected if necessary first before participating in the brother's willingness to add another name to the... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.