Q: When charged in Kansas and elements of the statue are missing from what happened

My attorney has not been able to get my discovery and this case is 8 months old he tells me that the courts won't talk to him maby because he is from out of town. He says the only way he believes I can get the discovery is if I fill out a application for Diversion. I told him I believe the discovery is very important to have in deciding if a person wants to apply for a deversion or not. Also the main element of the charging information is missing charged for driving without a license and to be guilty the statue says you are guilty if you do this things on a road in Kansas but at no time was any road drove on it was private property

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: It sounds like your attorney is doing his job. Either plead guilty or start preparing for Trial, and a possible appeal. It does not appear that further Discovery will help any more than what you already know.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.