Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Kansas Traffic Tickets Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: Chraged with a class e resinting arrest prosecutor is offing sis probation there were no moving violations tickets issue

Chrage with class e resinting arrest Jackson county Missouri there were no moving violations tickets issued only felony charge prosecutor is offing sis probation will accepting this plea suspend my cdl on an administrative level even if there was no mention by the courts to suspend my cdl

Gary Kollin answered on Jul 27, 2019

Please be fair. Proofread, correct spelling and write in single sentences.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: Can you be charged with possession with tempt if there is no drug charges being brought

Gary Kollin answered on May 29, 2018

What is possession with "tempt"? An what do you mean no drug charges being brought?

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: What should do I do to avoid any circumstances for two traffic tickets in my next appearance in the court?

I'm F1 visa student who just moved to Missouri from Kansas state and I couldn't get a driver license from Kansas City, MO since my visa has expired. Anyway, when I was a resident in overland park, Kansas City, I had two tickets. The first one for "failure to avoid a collision" and the second one... Read more »

Maya King answered on Feb 11, 2018

Generally speaking, not knowing the law is not a defense. You should seek a traffic attorney if you don't know what to say in Court. I will also seek the advice of an immigration attorney to fix your F-1 Out of Status as soon as you can. It is not a good idea to drive without a driver's license.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Immigration Law and Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: Does my aunt need to appear in court or can she just pay a fine? What are the possible penalties?

My aunt who is an illegal immigrant got pulled over for going 45 in a 35. The officer gave her a warning for speeding but gave her a slip that says she has to appear in court for driving without a driver’s license. This is her first time getting in trouble for anything. Because she is a single... Read more »

Roger Carl Algase answered on Jan 9, 2018

Before doing anything else, your aunt needs to consult with an immigration lawyer who is experienced in both criminal law and deportation law. This is a situation that could very possibly lead to serious problems for her.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: can a court appearance for Misdemeanor B (susp lic.-CA State) in Kansas driving be done by phone or paid for?

Person driving to move to Kentucky from California was stopped while speeding 8 mph over limit on highway 70 and given ticket, which was paid, then another ticket to appear in court for suspended Calif license. At time, she didn't know license was suspended, until stopped by KHP. She now lives in... Read more »

Brian Leininger answered on Sep 18, 2017

The driver, or an attorney on her behalf, will need to appear in court. Find a lawyer in the county where this occurred or nearby.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: I got into a car accident 4.5 months ago. How long after the accident do the cops have to ticket me?

Accident wasn't my fault. Someone backed out of off street parking spot and they hit me. I was already behind the person when they put the car in reverse.

David Adams answered on Sep 16, 2017

technically, the charges can come through quite a while after an event, but practically, if you don't get a ticket within a day or two, or at most a week, you are not likely going to get one. From the facts you mentioned, it doesn't sound like you should get any ticket in any case.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: My son just got his third speeding ticket in four years - what's he looking at here?

Brian Leininger answered on Aug 18, 2017

If those are his only traffic violations over that period of time he is not looking at a license suspension. However, his insurance is likely to keep going up with each ticket. He should go to court to try to keep this off his record or get a lawyer to help him with it.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: Can a bicyclist get a ticket for violating traffic rules?

Brian Leininger answered on Aug 13, 2017

Yes, absolutely.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: How many traffic tickets can a person be issued in the State of Kansas before his license is suspended.

Brian Leininger answered on Aug 13, 2017

If we are talking about regular moving violations you will get suspended when you get four within a one-year period.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Traffic Tickets for Kansas on

Q: My son has to go to court for not stopping at a stop sign he hit a car what will happen

He hit someone but no one was hurt and the ticket just says not stopping at a stop sign

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 6, 2017

If he is going into the service (for real not a "I think I might" ) then cop may move it down to a non-moving violation.

Otherwise, he gets points, his insurance will go up.

Possible a judge could drop it but there was a crash and the judge & cop will be concerned that he may not...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Kansas on

Q: Who's really at fault

I'm in the middle of the intersection to turn the opposing lane has 2 cars coming light turns yellow the inside lane car slows and stops for light the outside lane car is 4 car leights back I proceed to clear intersection the outside lane car clips me

Ray Choudhry answered on May 2, 2017

Depends on the light at the moment he clipped you.

If it was red, he was to stop.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.