Youngstown, OH asked in Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: How can I get some one on one advice on the forms I need to go about getting a divorce and the reasons?

My husband is being non cooperative, he controls all the money, basically lives in another state comes home for 3 days out of a month! Leaves all the responsibilities of our 3 children on me, doesn’t spend any time with them or me, I ask that we sit down and discuss the matter of separating or perhaps get a divorce since we are not a real family! Up until yesterday he says “ I must do the divorce and tell the court I don’t know where he is!

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If he won't cooperate, then you will have to get an attorney and do the divorce yourself. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to talk to some local family law attorneys and then hire one to represent you through the divorce process and to answer questions about custody, child support, spousal support, division of property, etc.

Raquel Ann Parish agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.