Glendale, AZ asked in Probate for Arizona

Q: In AZ probate law, how do I handle "waiver of of bond" when there is no will and the heirs to the estate are all minors?

I am petitioning to be personal rep. of my brother's estate (informal probate). He died without a will. He has 5 children under the age of 18. He was never married and my sister and I are his only siblings. Our parents are dead. His estate is estimated to be less than $20,000. It says that all heirs of his estate would have to sign a waiver of bond to not need one, but the heirs are his 5 children and they can't sign a waiver. Can I proceed without needing a bond or the waivers? What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andre L. Pennington
Andre L. Pennington
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Surprise, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Estates that are valued at less than $75,000 are not required to go through probate. You should contact an experienced probate attorney to guide you in the right direction, but here is a link to help:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.