Palmdale, CA asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Alabama

Q: Should I file a missing person report and put up fliers around town on behalf my 10 yr son?

I have a pending petition for visitation of my 9 year old son in Jefferson Co. We first served his mother at a known address. After she responded once, the letters are now being returned to the post office. His mother has refused to disclose her new address to family court and the Honorable judge granted in my favor a motion of discovery(May 2021)followed by his motion to compel(August 2021) for her to answer to. But without her address I am concerned that she will flee and never return.

How will the judge get serve her. She has missed every court date since April 2021 and I have not seen nor spoken to my son since June 2021. I know for a fact that they are alive and well. But I don’t know what to do. I am just waiting on the courts to get her in front of a judge but it seems like she can hide forever. I still have not heard back. I don’t know what school my son attends either. Lastly, I have a strong bond and relationship with my son since he was born, but I was never married.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.