Kissimmee, FL asked in Child Custody and Divorce for Florida

Q: My soon to be husband is trying to take full custody of the the kids I had told him I was gonna hurt myself out of spit

I will never do something like that to hurt my boys they are my world I had said it to hurt him he tried to have me backer acted but since I’m not suicidal they let me go in less than 20 hours he is putting the boys through too much and I can’t have him put them through more he had a 10 year affair with someone when the 1 of the boys was younger and now they r together again and she is putting him up to all of this what can I do to make sure I don’t lose my kids

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Ferrin
Michael Ferrin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Being you made those comments, your mental health will most likely be called into question. Any issues raised by your husband can be dispelled with a mental health evaluation if needed. Understand also that if you do not have a history of mental health issues, when people are breaking up sometimes they say things, sometimes very awaful things, that attorneys will attempt to capitalize on during the divorce. Judges are human too, and they understand that divorces are very emotional and take a toll on people. I would recommend hiring an attorney that understands these issues and knows how to navigate them in a divorce. We have been practicing family law in Central Florida for over 14 year and we offer free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.