Kerrville, TX asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: e-2 visa

for buying a business

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adan Vega
Adan Vega
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You may be able to request the E-2 visa at the U.S. consulate or adjust status in the U.S. if you :

- are a national from a country with a treaty that allows for visa issuance for treaty investors,

- invest a substantial amount in a bona fide qualifying business, and

- seek to solely develop and direct the investment which can not be marginal and is subject to partial and total loss.

I recommend that you visit and consult with an experienced immigration attorney prior to proceeding with your investment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.