Boston, MA asked in Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Insurance Bad Faith for Virginia

Q: Can I take documents to trial? And what's the best way to represent Myself?

I am probably unlucky case wise. I'll start by saying I have scoliosis, My back is sensitive to impacts. I was Struck on 2 diff occasions by 2 diff women. 7/1 I was rear ended at a red light. The lady admitted fault but I wasn't awarded much because my car didn't show much damage. Most of the fees are physical therapy & lost wages. The 2nd Accident 1/31 was a woman who was road raging & caused a 3 car accident. No witnesses & she got to court & lied completely. I wasn't awarded for that case. I appealed both cases but I no longer have legal representation for either. And can't find any. I gotta answer the interrogatories Myself as best I can. I'm terrified to Rep Myself in trial i cant pay doctors to appear all I have is paperwork. & if i give up they get away with Makin My life physically financially hard even now. I was thinking to negotiate a bigger settlement outside of court with 7/1 but I'd still owe the attorney & the settlement loan & medical before Me right? How do I do this?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Virginia attorney could advise best (or Massachusetts attorney, since Boston MA is also listed in your post?) That aside, your post remains open for three weeks. An attorney could have a difficult time advising here - they would likely want to see the files for both accidents.

I'm sorry that this is overwhelming without an attorney. You mention not being able to find legal representation. You could ask the attorneys who declined or withdrew from your cases why they did so. That information might be helpful to you. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.