Carson City, NV asked in Family Law for Nevada

Q: I currently have joint custody. We have a MSA put in place that he has the insurance and we both pay half.

His insurance didn't work so I got Medicaid. In the past before the MSA was put in place he would refuse me taking the children to the doctor. We also have our family wizard account and now he's asking if I have Medicaid. He has a lawyer. Should I have gotten Medicaid without his permission. And what can I do to fix the problems.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: The law requires that the children be insured. If the agreement was for Dad to cover the child under his insurance and he is no longer able to do that, getting Medicaid should not present a problem as you are being responsible by having the children insured.

You should both be sharing communications via Our Family Wizard regarding his inability to continue coverage though his insurance and your new coverage through Medicaid.

Janice Jacovino agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.