Mount Vernon, OH asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: What is the age in Ohio kids can choose which parent to live with

My ex husband has full custody of my kids which is a while mother story of his deceit but he doesn’t have insurance on the kids will not take them to the doctor and there is 13 people living in his 3 bedroom ranch double wide what can I do to get my kids out of this situation my 13 year old daughter hates it there and is now on anxiety medicine because of the way she is treated at his house and he refuses to take her to any appointments for medication refills and it’s the same for the other two if I don’t do the things they need it doesn’t happen but he has full custody help me I want my kids out of that environment but it’s hard because his attorney is huge in our town what can I actually do children services is a joke and when I pick them up from his house they always smell like pot how is that okay

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 3109.051 (B)(2) A motion may be filed ... if the circumstances in the case have changed, at any time after a decree or final order is issued in the case (divorce, dissolution of marriage, legal separation, annulment, or child support). Where the best interest of the children is at issue the court will generally hear the case upon the parent's filing a motion in court to change the parental rights and responsibilities and proper service to all parties from the prior case. Parents can file using the same case number to reopen the court case. The Ohio Supreme Court and the local domestic court websites have links to forms available for filing motions. The Ohio Supreme Court Domestic Relations and Juvenile Forms link is:

Many attorneys also provide no cost, no obligations consultations if you need to go over your options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.