Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law for Nevada

Q: What motion do i file to "withdraw" or "vacate" another motion?

I filed a motion for relocation with child that I now want to "cancel" because I cannot afford to move with her and was only moving with the promise of help from her father which he has now revoked.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: If the other parent has not responded to your motion you can simply file a Notice to Vacate the Hearing.

If the other parent has responded. You will need an agreement from the other parent to Vacate the Hearing. This would be call a Stipulation and Order to Vacate The Hearing.

If the other side has responded and will not agree to vacate the hearing you will have to attend the hearing.

The self help center has many of these forms.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.