Little Rock, AR asked in Criminal Law for Arkansas

Q: For possession on delivery of meth. With hx of probation violation. Will he be able to bond out. Should we get a lawyer

My bf has charges of possession controlled substance, possession on delivery, possession meth. He is on probation, but has not reported or paid in over a year. He is set for bond hearing on Monday.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Lane Hughes
Richard Lane Hughes
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: He is entitled to have a bond set pursuant to the Arkansas Constitution. The dollar amount of the bond or other conditions are set by the court after considering a number of things that include whether bf is a flight risk. His failure to observe the conditions of his probation will almost certainly be a negative factor. Arguably, that demonstrates that bf doesn't follow or obey court rules. Does that include a promise bf makes to appear when he has a future hearing?

He needs a lawyer. If he cannot afford a lawyer, the court will appoint legal counsel to represent him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.