Blanchard, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: I accepted a suspended sentence for a misd. I was ordered to OCS supervision the DA said I would pay supervision fees

(which she said was 991 fees), court costs, and restitution. Looking at my paperwork it looks like I am required to pay supervision fees to OCS and also 991 fees to the DA does that seem correct?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta PRO label
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Yes, except in those counties where the DA's office does the supervision (there are not many of them anymore - because they can make the $40/month for doing nothing). In all other counties, a 991 fee (prosecution reimbursement fee) is a separate fee payable to the DA, and the entity supervising is permitted to charge $40/month in supervision fees. The supervision fees are due so long as you are supervised. The 991 fee is payable for two years unless the sentence length is shorter (such as a one-year suspended sentence on a misdemeanor, only one year of payments should be required).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.