Asked in Uncategorized for Louisiana

Q: What could be the outcome of first offense strangulation domestic battery simple and resisting an officer charge?

I put a missing person out for my son and when he was located the investigator said he has to turn him over to sheriff's office for a warrant that wasn't in the system from almost a year ago. Altercation with his dad but dad didn't press charges. Now is in jail with no court or realese date and 10000 dollar bind

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Not enough information is provided here, however the charge can be probated, it is is punishable with incarceration and as such, I would recommend that the defendant hire a criminal defense lawyer to begin preparing a defense of the matter in hope of achieving the best outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.