Las Vegas, NV asked in Divorce for Nevada

Q: Divorced, I staying in the home.. He moved to Florida 4 years ago. I'm ready to sell. Is he entitled to anything?

I'm looking for some information. Me and my ex divorced in 2018. I stayed in the home and he moved to Florida. He's been gone for the last 4 years. I'm ready to sell the home. I wanted to know what may happen. Is he entitled to payment since our names are both on the home?

I've been living here, doing upkeep, paying for repairs, paying all mortgage and bills etc.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: His entitlement will be based on the wording of your divorce decree.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.