Paducah, KY asked in Family Law, Tax Law and Child Support for Kentucky

Q: I pay arrears on cs . my case was sent to the irs. can i get the offset stopped via undue hardship & if so how? Thanks

I was ordered to pay cs for 6 yrs on my two kids. 2 seperate cases. i have done 180 days x2, plus got 2 seperate felonies. one for 2 yrs and one for 1 yr. I am primary custodian again and have them back in my home fulltime. My aunt who had them is no longer in the picture and drew a kinship check. Is there a program where I can get the offset lowered atleast to where we get atleast half of my taxes??? I dont mind paying half of our taxes but by the irs taking all of my taxes it buts us in a financial bind, BIG TIME. I will lose our car and I MUST have it in order to work. ALL advice is appreciated.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You can seek a hardship exemption by filing g an application with the IRS.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.