Carson City, NV asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nevada

Q: MSA agreement .In the MSA agreement my x was awarded time during fall break in my s school there was no fall break .

he took me too court for contempt he was granted 5 days of Xtra parenting time.can he add that to his already long 16 day time-frames in summer or do I have a right to say no.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Normally with proper notice he can add the awarded 5 days to any time period he wants with limited exceptions. For the most part, holiday's and the other parents vacations or special days are off limits. Review the Order which gave him the additional time for specific's. You may also need to review the past Orders which discuss the visitation, holidays, and the custody schedule to make sure that his requested time is allowable and not in conflict with a past order.

If there are no specific's and you can not reach an agreement on these days then you can also file a motion for clarification with the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.