Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury

Q: What should i do if i asked someone to park my car properly but instead he strolled around and ended up hitting 4 people

He doesnt have any money to pay for the hospitalization for the people what he got hurt using my car. He is working for me as a carpenter together with other carpenters to build a building.

I am not a bad person so i paid for some of the hospitalization bills of the people that he hurt. But the people who got hurt cant get any money off from the man(carpenter who works for me) because he is jobless now and doesnt have extra money. So now they opt to get money from me by scaring me thst they will get my car impounded if i dont give them money for the damages done to them by the man whom i told to just arrange the parking of my car.

-The driver has a driver's license

- i only asked him to arrange the parking and not stroll somewhere.

-This happened in Asia, Philippines.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Your post did not include a state or geographic region. That could make a difference in terms of being a no-fault jurisdiction. The fact that you are not a bad person or that the carpenter is out of work are irrelevant here - the more pressing issue is whether your insurance company will cover these claims. If you're in a no-fault jurisdiction, you could be looking at short notice of claim requirements, around 30 days in some states. Please seriously consider getting guidance from an attorney in your jurisdiction to advise you about what steps you must IMMEDIATELY take. Good luck

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.