Macon, GA asked in Probate for Georgia

Q: Ive already probated a will and the judge has signed what papers do i need to take to the courts to have the deed changd

the house was original in my wife and i name but since she has passed i have probated the will and need to know what paperwork needs to go to the courts to have just my name on the deed

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zainab Major Brown
Zainab Major Brown

A: The answer to this question will depend on what is stated in the Probate Court Order and also the powers stated in the will. You may be required to take additional steps before transferring the title to real estate. If so, missing these steps would affect the title.

Consult an attorney who practices probate law and real estate law for a consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.