St Louis, MO asked in Civil Rights for Ohio

Q: I’m looking for a public defender to represent me in a civil court traffic case which I have jury trial in October

I feel I’m being wrongfully sued for 25,000. Trail is in Butler County Ohio. I am nervous and don’t know where to start. if someone could point me in the right direction, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The Public Defender's Office represents indigent folks in criminal cases, not civil. Your local Legal Aid society is the place to contact for civil matters, if you are unable to afford representation in a civil matter. I am not sure if they will traffic matter but its worth reaching out to them. Here is their website:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.