Oxford, MA asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Family Law and Personal Injury for Massachusetts

Q: Hello I'm searching for answers to questions relating to divorce, disability and what constitutes neglect or a crime

I'm disabled

Epipsy, PTSD and severe panic disorder.

After a four year criminal harassment court battle with our former duplex neighbor who was found guilty my husband who witnessed the trauma and it's damage that blew through my life. He himself after vacating our home and three days after asking for divorce, he admitted to having without my knowledge or consent accessed and copied information from my device and continues to do so. He's drained all accounts. I have several documents proving he's long been hiding assets and income. I just found two forms on an older device. They are involuntary commitment forms.

I feel at the least he is attempting to use my disability as as the cause and his cover for his own actions several of which are illegal actions.

The embryonal damage and drain is fast beginning unable and threatening my health daily.

I need help with what is considered a crime vs simple not caring and invalidation

1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: It sounds like you need the Probate Court's intervention in the form of Temporary Orders concerning exclusivity of possession of the home and orders concerning preservation of the asset if it is a home owned by the parties and spousal support and return of the liquidated marital funds - you have not mentioned children. A Divorce Complaint which does not have to be just for cruel and abusive treatment but can also include it aIong with that terminology the reference to the Irretrievable Breakdown of the Marriage where marital misconduct can also be raised to the Court is the best route to achieve your objectives. Your seeking a criminal complaint could even deplete funds further for the future for that matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.