Houston, TX asked in Personal Injury for Texas

Q: What can I do if the attorney that I hired for an auto/ 18 wheeler accident is not providing me with medical treatment?

I have a fractured L1 vertebrae and 3 herniated discs. The accident was 9 days ago and have not seen anyone outside of emergency room.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. And the things you describe do not sound like superficial injuries - you mention a fractured vertebrae. I'm sorry this happened to you. Your attorney is not going to provide you with medical treatment. Your attorney can help you arrange for medical treatment. Also check the discharge papers from the ER to see if the hospital includes information for rehab or physical therapy facilities within its network. One option is to research facilities in your area based on what is recommended in terms of your follow-up care. If you are recommended chiropractic visits, research offices using recommendations and a map. Same goes for physical therapy centers if you were recommended P/T. You could tell your attorney that you'd like to discuss your choices or short-list of selections with them. I hope you have a healthy recovery from your injuries. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.