Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Kentucky

Q: My daughter has been accused of identity theft by her friends mother. Statements are false and she has proof.

My daughter was falsly accused by noyfriends mom saying she has no knowledge of any transactions. My daughter has bank statements and text to prove shes lying. She just found out she got indicted and her court date is tomorrow and there is another warrant for her arrest! Her public defender never notified her and when she asked the public defender why wasnt she notified she was told she should have received an email and she is no longer her public defender she needs to contact public defenders office. No other explanations. Can she file charges on this mom?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Not unless or until she is exonerated. Once cleared, she may have a case against bfs mom.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.