Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Identity Theft Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Identity Theft for Kentucky on
Q: Accused of using someones EBT card

I am being accused of using someones EBT card. I got a text from who I thought was my grandmother, of the EBT card number. I bought groceries with it and manually typed it in while looking at my phone. I am on camera doing this. I was unaware it was someone elses card. Now, my case was sent to the... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jan 16, 2020

Hire a lawyer. Be prepared to repay the $83. You will not likely go to jail. Case will probably be diverted and dismissed if you don’t get in anymore trouble.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Identity Theft for Kentucky on
Q: Does KY offer dismissal of traffic citation for speeding, no proof of registration and insurance charges?

I got stopped for speeding 15 mph, and hadn't transferred/register my car I recently bought and no insurance. Since I've obtained both registration and insurance, could both of these charges be dismissed? Thanks

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Oct 26, 2019

The registration certainly could be. Unless you had insurance when you were driving the car, most likely they’ll want a plea on no insurance. Inquire about diversion on all charges.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Kentucky on
Q: I was charged with theft of Identity but there is nothing linking me to it but the victims word.

The only thing that links me to the charges is the victims word and that my phone was used in the situation.

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Mar 15, 2019

Your phone being used could make a prima facie that you were involved. You need to hire a competent criminal defense attorney to represent you.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Kentucky on
Q: what does False Impression add to a sentence of Theft by Deception over$500 less than $10k

Theft by Deception in kentucky is a class D felony which carries 1 to 5 years. Does the "false Impression" add more to a sentence and if so, how much

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Mar 3, 2019

No. It is simply one type of Theft By Deception. The penalty remains the same.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for Kentucky on
Q: How can a person be indited whit out being chraged of the crime i never recived a citation or court for

I was indited on theft by identity. I was picked up on other charge an relesed on it now im indited on this with no sitation no court date nothing just hurd i was indited is that legual an it isnt a sealed inditment

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Apr 26, 2018

If you’ve been indicted, you have been charged. They are supposed to notify you or send a letter but many times that fails to happen. Contact your lawyer and have him arrange to appear for arraignment and get a date. Nothing illegal about any of it.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.