Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: Did my friend violate her no contact order if the person contacted her first.

My friend has a no contact order against her in Citrus County, Florida from her ex boyfriend. He repeatedly found ways to contact her even though she blocked him. He eventually told her he dropped the no contact order. So she talked to him and eventually moved back in with him. Well when she found out he didn't drop the no contact order she attempted to leave. He confiscated her phone, ID, and all her belongings. And is now threatening her to get back with him or he will contact the state attorney and tell them she violated the order and call her probation officer and get her vop'ed. What are her options in this matter?

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: She should immediately report the situation to the court. If he still has her phone, but she was able to tell you about it, I suggest you contact the state attorney and the court (i.e.: the judge's judicial assistant)..

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.