Sparks, NV asked in Collections for Nevada

Q: I live in Nevada. I was just served papers, the woman handed them to me did not sign anything and left?

I was served papers hand to hand by a woman she didn't sign anything at all. I have this all on video and audio. The papers are for debt summons. Don't they have to sign a receipt copy and give it to me? I was told by a coworker they have to sign it when they give it to me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: The proof of service does not have to be signed in your presence or given to you.

Look for an attorney who handles Fair Debt Collections Practices Act cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.