Fernley, NV asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nevada

Q: Hello my ex and I broke up in 2014 I moved to Texas and she stayed in Nevada. Well I’n 2015 she had me served with

Custody order wanting sole custody. Well I wasn’t able to make it to court so judge gave her sole custody and I have no rights or visitation. But in 2016 I moved back to Nevada to be in my daughters life. I’ve been around my daughter for almost 5 and half years. I’ve taken her places bought her so much stuff. But in 2021 October a

Argument happened and my ex kept my daughter away from me for 3 and half months. So I filed a change of motion and my ex was so mad and now she’s saying all these bad things about me and that I have no rights. I filed 50/50 custody motion. But my question is should I get a lawyer or should I just take my pictures and text messages I have to court on our court date in June? And my Ex moved out of Nevada as of yesterday so I won’t get 50/50 custody!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: I believe strongly in retaining counsel whenever you have a legal matter regarding custody of children. These cases can get very complicated and you are fighting for the most important and fundamental right as a parent. It should be handled by an experienced attorney to get you the best possible result.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.