Dallas, TX asked in Family Law and Elder Law for Texas

Q: I have a old friend who is depressed by life and is not taking acre of herself. I live in anoher state but am visiting.

She is ill and will not go to the doctor. She c an hardly walk and is taking too may pain and sleeping meds. She lives alone.

Her family thinks she is mentall ill and they don't get along. One child is in 2 hours away the other on the west coast. II have no legal relationship but what can be done to help her? She had a family law attorney for the settlement of her parents estate. Would this attorney talk to me about her welfare?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The lawyer can only talk to you if she gives you permission. Try to get your friend to let you go to the doctors with her and discuss her issues

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.