Cincinnati, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: I have many questions on family law and how to get these laws changed. Contempt charges are a joke.

Most divorce laws are ridiculous and something needs to be done. No wonder divorce is so stressful. I am having so many problems with my almost ex not doing anything or giving me paperwork and he gets away with it

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The Ohio Supreme Court has provided forms concerning filing for Contempt at this link:

Other Ohio Family Law forms are also available from the Supreme Court on their website. Ohio Revised Code Section 2705.031 concerns initiating a contempt action for failure to pay support or comply with visitation order. Ohio Revised Code ection 2705.02 defines the acts which are considered contempt of court including disobedience of, or resistance to, a lawful writ, process, order, rule, judgment, or command of a court or officer. Parties must file for contempt and serve the motion in order for the court to consider any contempt findings. The punishment for contempt is fines and/or jail time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.