Detroit, MI asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Ohio

Q: I know this is asking for a miracle. Are there any pro bono or low cost lawyers in Columbus Ohio for Father's Rights?

I have had both of my children ripped from underneath me. I pay child support for one and they left the state and I have no clue where she is. My son had an incident last year with his mother where children services were called on her and nothing was done and now she has moved out of state. I feel so lost and defeated and do not know what to do next. I have money but not thousands and thousands of dollars for retainers. I am hoping someone can see this and hear my story and at the least guide me in the right direction. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Raquel Ann Parish
Raquel Ann Parish
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Delaware, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The Legal Aid Society of Columbus may be able to help. The Legal Aid Society of Columbus (LASC) exists to provide free assistance and guidance to those attempting to navigate our complex legal system. In order to qualify for free services at The Legal Aid Society of Columbus, you must meet income and resource limits. The intake staff at LASC will answer any questions that you may have about your eligibility and will assist you by finding an attorney in their office able to help resolve your problem. Although the Legal Aid Society of Columbus does provide services free of charge, you may be required to pay for certain court costs. For a new case please call our Intake Line at 614-241-2001 or toll free at 1-888-246-4420. Intake Line is open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.