Bromide, OK asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma

Q: My rights were terminated in NC 3 yrs ago Im now in Oklahoma can parental rights be restored, contact, anything and how

I also had another child since moving to Oklahoma and My fiancé had a case in NC we have done everything even a home study and approved fit stable loving environment Is there anything I can do I know I’m not aloud contact with them ether but my oldest Continues to reach out to me and i can’t or won’t turn him away they have moved him repeatedly he said he talked to his GAL n tried to at least have calls with Him his brothers n I n was told it wasn’t possible My boys are 13, 11, 9

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If your rights were terminated and the child was adopted to another then it is very rare that you can get rights restored. There are a couple exceptions but those are extremely hard to prove and validate. As such the other parents have ultimate say over their child. Contact an adoption attorney to go over your specifics to make sure, most will give free phone consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.