Everett, MA asked in Child Custody for Massachusetts

Q: Abusive father looking for custody and aggressive parenting plan dictating the entire year.I object.

Unwed mother child has lived with me since birth. Father visits but is psychologically abusive, and traumatizing to our daughter, complying with my daughters wishes I told him to stay away and give her a mental break and allow me to get her into therapy. At first he agreed begrudgingly then got impatient and took me to court. Despite my explanation to the mediator, mediator told me Father was going to see his daughter, period I had no choice in the matter. Temporary orders were put into effect. Our 2nd pre-tria conference is Tuesday. I'm going to tell the judge that the intense gaslighting our daughter experienced is still going on during her visits, she has shut down entirely, and has recently had a break with reality. frightening but unusual predicament bc it's non physical. He never went to therapy with our daughter as ordered. At this time I'd like his rights terminated. Is the burden on him to tell why custody should change? Or me to keep it, what else can I ask judge to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Do you have guardianship over the minor child? Over your daughter? The proceedings before the Court now are they paternity or guardianship? It would be a good idea to clarify your question and repost same or to discuss with an attorney who practices Family Law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.