Benton, AR asked in Civil Litigation for Arkansas

Q: Entering on rapm from haskell, 18 wheeler cut over and I hit the wait while turning on the ramp. Top right fender is bad

Couldn't squeeze over the of wall but the absolutely not even 90 degrees turn on on the ramp to 30 is I'm possibly. It's more like 45 degree angle. I didny want to get spattered but the corner of on ramp and truck coming over sure did a number in my right fender and considering this is the vehicle my husband share only to go as back and forth to work

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Arkansas attorney could advise best here, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your accident. There's no mention of injuries, and I hope that's the case. Based on the description here, this isn't a bad faith matter (which would generally require some form of questionable conduct on the part of the carrier). If there were no injuries, it's basically a straight up property damage claim.

If your insurance covers the repairs, that might be the quickest way to go, considering your husband needs the vehicle for work. If your insurance does not cover the loss, which could be the case if it is an older vehicle, the other option is generally to prove liability (the fault) of the other vehicle. If it was a hit-and-run, there could be other options, depending on your policy. You could consult with an Arkansas attorney to fully outline all your options. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.