San Juan Capistrano, CA asked in Legal Malpractice for California

Q: Have charged PI Atty with Breach/Negligence and now they're using Felony I admitted to on intake form against me

Is it possible to prevent the entire case getting skewed in the wrong direction of playing character reference games versus trying the actual matter? I was honest about having carried the $10,800 on a plane 10 years before and have graduated with 2 degrees since then. They've presented an entire sheet of people with my same name and insinuated they are all me. It's getting out of hand and my exhibits are due along with theirs, which includes the intake form from which I first met with them in underlying case. Also, if they are allowed to bring it up then cant I submit like my Professor's recommendation letters? I've learned much from my mistake but now my nose is being rubbed in it over and over. I seriously need to know what I can do? Atty backdated Agreement and then submitted to force into Arbitration. So this question related to evidence in Arbitration. Thank you for your assistance.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in California

A: Bringing up issues like this is typical.

There are ways to exclude the evidence and this would probably not be admissible at trial.

But it not matter. Confronting the fact and dealing with it can strengthen your case in the hands of a good attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.