Dawsonville, GA asked in Products Liability

Q: My daughter, a professional, destroyed by a drug, is now disabled.. Denied jury trial, defendant lied to judge . Help

This is a very well-published case and thousands of women have contacted us ..I am the mother and have handled it from day one as daughter was totally destroyed. Is there an Attorney who has the ability to stand up for the law,. I have all the evidence written evidence to change this but do not know how to get it out. I can show where the defendant for the law firm actually lied tot the judge. There has to be an Attorney will confident and not intimidated. I know I am not.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for five weeks. I'm very sorry for what happened to your daughter. What you describe appears to be a product liability cause of action, which you already realize from your selection of categories. The burden is upon the plaintiff is to show that the product was defective, in terms of manufacture, design, or that it failed to provide adequate warnings to the user.

In terms of finding an attorney, you could conduct searches for product liability/pharmaceutical drug law firms. These are often complex and expensive cases. The firms that handle them tend to be large, with the necessary resources to consult with expert witnesses. If the drug in question has been the subject of earlier suits, either individually or through a class, try to learn what you can through research. Product liability firms often hold themselves out for the line of products or line of pharmaceutical drugs they handle.

In addition to your own independent searches, you could check the Find-a-Lawyer tab above, as well as various bar associations, which often have resources for the public that include attorney referral services. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.