Products Liability Questions & Answers

Q: Is there a way my boyfriend can ask to be seen by a judge to lower the bail(which is extremely excessive for his crime)

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Products Liability and Admiralty / Maritime for California on
Answered on Apr 16, 2019
Dale S. Gribow's answer
more info needed.

you need to retain a private lawyer or request a public defender.

move to put the matter On Calendar for a bail motion.

Q: Void a rental contract because smells of the previous tenants death (unattended).

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Landlord - Tenant, Consumer Law and Products Liability for Texas on
Answered on Apr 15, 2019
Bruce Alexander Minnick's answer
You may have sufficient legal reasons to allow you to get out of this lease; However, you should take the lease and all related documents to a local lawyer and ask for their assistance.

Q: Q: i purchased a dog from an American Kennel Club dog breeder. She breeds dogs in her home in Pine Brook New Jersey.

2 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Personal Injury, Consumer Law and Products Liability for New Jersey on
Answered on Apr 13, 2019
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.'s answer
Unfortunately you failed to ask a question and only made a statement, I suggest resubmitting a question.

Q: Can a dealership knowingly sell a truck with under rated tires on it and hide this by dangerously over inflating them?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Products Liability for Ohio on
Answered on Apr 10, 2019
Timur Akpinar's answer
A starting point could be to bring the underrated tires to the attention of the dealership. If they agree to the issue you raise and are willing to work with you to remedy the problem, that might be the most cost-effective solution.

Tim Akpinar

Q: Subcontractor nonpayment on "bad job" no contract. Phone records, text & email.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability, Business Law and Construction Law for Texas on
Answered on Apr 8, 2019
Bruce Alexander Minnick's answer
AVVO is a free online legal forum established to allow members of the public to ask general legal questions to experienced lawyers who volunteer their valuable time to do so. Your important small business question should be directed to your business lawyer. If you have not consulted or retained a business lawyer you are encouraged to do so--before you make mistakes adversely affecting the future of your valuable small business.

Q: I was hit in a car accident March 1st 2019 I had liability on my automobile the other driver was at fault do I have case

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Products Liability for Alabama on
Answered on Apr 6, 2019
J. Brent Burney's answer
Yes, you would have a claim for the property loss, medical bills, pain, and suffering. You could also recover your lost wages if you have proof that you missed work as a result of the injuries suffered in the accident. The property claim is separate from your bodily injury claim. Thus, you can settle your property claim before you settle the injury claim. However, I would advise you to speak with an attorney before you speak to the insurance company.

Q: I was trying to make a uturn into a 3 lane which I had no stop sign. I needed to get to the far bottom left lane.

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Car Accidents for Texas on
Answered on Apr 1, 2019
Daniel John Christensen's answer
In general, if one driver has a traffic control device and the other does not, the driver without the traffic control device has the right of way. It is difficult for me to advise you on your specific situation with the facts given. Please call us and we can see if we can help you. 512-888-9999.

Q: What do i do against someone who has taken my money and gotten my account banned after threathening/blackmailing me.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Gaming on
Answered on Apr 1, 2019
Bruce Alexander Minnick's answer
This situation cannot be handled by asking for legal advice online. If the amount of money involved is substantial, you should consider hiring a lawyer experienced in Internet contracts and collections issues.

Q: I need to know if there is patent on the product: Jellyfish Silicon face Brush. Can you inform me about this?

1 Answer | Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) and Products Liability on
Answered on Mar 28, 2019
Kevin E. Flynn's answer
You can do some preliminary patent searching using tips from this slide set -- or to hire a patent attorney to conduct Freedom-to-Operate searches and clearance work see --

To the extent that you are buying a good that is very similar to a well-known brand, you can look at the packaging for the well-known brand and that packaging should include a list of patents that cover the...

Q: parents liability protection

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Real Estate Law, Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Florida on
Answered on Mar 26, 2019
Charles M. Baron's answer
Yes, if your adult son has sole title to the vehicle, he, and he alone, is legally responsible for it and the use of it. Once your child turns 18, you are not responsible in any way for his acts or omissions for use of vehicles (or anything else) that are not owned by you, not shared with you, and not used for your employment of him. The registration and insurance as well should be in his name. Where he gets the money to pay for car expenses and insurance is not relevant to any issue of...

Q: What options would I have if a defective TV stand broke my TV and other expensive electronics?

3 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Lemon Law, Products Liability and Small Claims for California on
Answered on Mar 25, 2019
William John Light's answer
To be honest, it seems pretty unlikely that every single piece of electronics was damaged so severely that they are all inoperable. Moreover, your stated value of the router is about $40 too high. Similar exaggerations for the value of the other equipment will be devastating to your credibility.

However, to pursue a claim, you would first make a written demand upon the manufacturer and retailer of the stand for compensation for your damages setting forth each damaged component by...

Q: Took car to mechanic he let someone else take car to get diagnoses check and ended up worse!?

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability, Civil Litigation and Small Claims for New Mexico on
Answered on Mar 18, 2019
Timur Akpinar's answer
It's not fully clear what took place here, in terms of what you agreed to, whether you were provided with an estimate, what amount you were charged, what the original problem with the car was, what the condition of the car is, what the mechanic did, among other issues. You could contact an attorney to ask if you could have a brief free consultation to discuss your rights here and the cost of pursuing them.

Tim Akpinar

Q: I have a tractor service I brush hog along the side of roads .and build driveways what color of flashing lights can I ha

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Agricultural Law for Oklahoma on
Answered on Mar 16, 2019
Kyle Persaud's answer
To see the rules for what color your lights have to be, click here:

Scroll down to page 434. Beginning on page 434, you see a series of tables that tell the color that lights have to be.

Q: What do you do if you are sold a new 2019 vehicle that is defected and it's not fixable? What should we expect next?

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Products Liability and Business Law for Michigan on
Answered on Mar 16, 2019
Adam Alexander's answer
Michigan's Lemon has strict requirements regarding the number of repairs required to qualify as a "Lemon":

It shall be presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to repair a defect or condition if 1 of the following occurs:

a) The same defect or condition that substantially impairs the use or value of the new motor vehicle to the consumer has been subject to repair a total of 4 or more times by the manufacturer or new motor vehicle dealer within 2 years...

Q: Can we sue for our money back

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Small Claims for Florida on
Answered on Mar 15, 2019
Terrence H Thorgaard's answer
Yes, you can sue, provide that you didn't sign some "as is" waiver of warranty.

Q: Can you help me find a law firm that is taking cases regarding Dow Chemical & Mentor Breast Implants & Illness. Melanie

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for California on
Answered on Mar 13, 2019
Scott Richard Kaufman's answer
Sorry for your issues. Here's my Google on it. Plenty of options there:

Q: Under what conditions can a person withdraw their agreement to a settlment if the defendant has not paid in a year?

4 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for California on
Answered on Mar 12, 2019
Scott Richard Kaufman's answer
Depends on the language in the agreement. More likely the thing to do is to "enforce" the agreement. See an attorney in person with documents for more direction...

Q: Destruction of Property- subcontractors

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law, Products Liability and Business Law for New York on
Answered on Mar 8, 2019
V. Jonas Urba's answer
How do you know the sub was a non-employee. You can always contact the Department of Labor. That may not help you much but only the DOL can decide who is or who is not an employee. Even if everyone wanted to agree, in writing, that the unlicensed was independent. What both parties think is beside the point. The fact that you think they should have been licensed indicates that they probably did not have their own business nor other customers, probably did not decide how, how much, or when they...

Q: If my car gets broken into and my friends laptop gets stolen who is responsible for replacing it?

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Products Liability and Small Claims for California on
Answered on Feb 26, 2019
Dale S. Gribow's answer
more info needed.

with the little shared it seems it would be his loss as you allegedly did nothing wrong......though auto ins might cover it.

Q: Good morning im being sued and I don't know what to do next

2 Answers | Asked in Products Liability for Illinois on
Answered on Feb 20, 2019
Steve McCann's answer
You should stop everything you are doing and consult with an attorney immediately. Do not contact the relevant parties or make any statements about the matter until you are represented. Also, I recommend acting quickly, as you have a limited amount of time to respond to a summons.

Many of us offer free consultations, so it will not cost you anything out of pocket to organize the complaint and other relevant documentation, and consult with an experienced attorney. After a review of...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.