New York, NY asked in Car Accidents for New York

Q: Geico falsified my accident report what can I do about it.

Geico falsified my accident report I have videos on the accident even the motorist told Geico that he was at fault.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan R. Ratchik
Jonathan R. Ratchik
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Following a motor vehicle crash, a Police Accident Report is prepared by the police responding to the scene. If the crash resulted in personal injuries or property damage over $1,000, each motorist is required to fill out an MV-104, Each driver's insurance company might also have their insured fill out their own accident report. If GEICO prepared what you believe to be an inaccurate accident report, let them know and furnish them with whatever information you believe accurately reflects how the incident occurred, i.e. the video, the Police Accident Report, etc. At the end of the day, however, there is no requirement for GEICO to correct its report.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.