Rochester, NY asked in Civil Litigation and Consumer Law for New York

Q: Was sold counter. goods through google pay, disputed it, and was told no case or invest. would be opened. no help given

I was sold counterfeit goods through Google Pay LLC. Do i have the legal right to a refund if I've bought something that's fake or counterfeit? Should I also report this to Trading Standards and the Pokémon Company International, Inc. for fraud. I was sold fake Pokemon Cards through Google Pay LLC, realized I was swindled, then after reaching out to Google Pay LLC I was told no case would be made, no investigation to be done, that no help would be given. What do I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: File a criminal complaint, but do not count on anything. You are not likely to find the fraudsters, who are long gone with your money. Google Pay is not liable. It just processes payments. It does not vouch for the users.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.