Gulfport, MS asked in Personal Injury for Mississippi

Q: What is the US Civil Statute to be cited in a personal injury due a faulty elevator at a VA Hospital?

Due to the elevator falling and abruptly stopping between floors and when I was rescued out I had suffered damages to my leg and had three surgeries, with the last one being a total knee replacement

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Charles Burrell
Andrew Charles Burrell
  • Gulfport, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: This would be a Federal Tort Acts claim and you have a 2 year statute in which to file a SF-95 form and prove your damages. Failure to file such form could result in your claim being lost and denied. You need to seek consultation with an attorney in your area to discuss your rights and claim for damages.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.