Cathedral City, CA asked in Criminal Law and Immigration Law for California

Q: I need to obtain an arrest record that happened on September 18, 2008.

I am in the process of applying for a green card through marriage, they sent me a notification of intent to deny requesting a copy of certified letter of court disposition of the case that happened in 2008. I tried police station, courthouse, but given a runaround and I can't seem to find out where to obtain such documents. they seem to only retain records for 5, 10 years and this was more than 10 years ago.

what happened was I let my friend borrow my id and credit card to rent a car and this person disappeared with the car. the rental car company didn't press charges and I was let go in a day. its listed as

487 (D) PC- Grand Theft


could you please tell me where and how I can get this documents? or is there a service that I can pay to obtain such records?

thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jimmy Cha
Jimmy Cha
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fullerton, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Here is the link to where you can obtain the information you are requesting.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.