Sacramento, CA asked in Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death and Health Care Law for California

Q: Can I file a person injury case against Kaiser for not doing what they were supposed to

My dad was on hospice in Kaiser they were supposed to informed me when my dad got worse for we can say our goodbyes n they didn’t the day he died they had a meeting had him sign papers I had no idea that was going on I told them not to have a meeting unless I was informed because he was on morphine n I was the advanced directive also it said pt doesn’t want visitors my dad would not do that I called 5 times that night back to back cause they kept hanging up on me when I finically got to speak yo the nurse I asked who put that on there n what was going on she said idk I went down there my dad was trying to tell me something I was trying to put his oxygen on the nurse told me they gave him something for his anxiety so here I am trying to put his oxygen on not knowing that they took him off all his monitors they did not tell me what was going on I trying to put it on him n it’s off well my dad died of respiratory failure to been asking for his records they won’t give them to me so much

1 Lawyer Answer
Theodore Allan Greene
Theodore Allan Greene
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should immediately talk to a personal injury attorney who also handles medical malpractice. There are very strict timelines that you must not violate so you should talk to someone right away or you could lose the chance to do something.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.