Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: My son has been missing&local Sherriff's office isnt having any luck with any type of investigation.What can we do?

They're under budget and short staffed.We filed a missing person's report in 2018 and got him on NamUS at the same time.Is there any way the OSBI can take over the case?We just want to bring our son home.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I feel terrible that you are having to experience such a situation. Be persistent and unrelenting, and don't be afraid to ask questions of government authorities. Contact OSBI and contact the local DA's office, if you do not feel that the Sheriff's Office is doing anything or enough (regardless of why). Consider hiring a private investigator - at least contact a few to find out if they can help. I wish you the best.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.