Katy, TX asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Litigation and Consumer Law for Texas

Q: The Court at Law in FB county has granted Defendant a Summary Judgment How and where do I file an appeal or Motion?

I (Plaintiff) filed a Fraud, Misrepresentation and DTPA case in FB Court at Law against Momentum Jaguar Volvo Porsche in Houston almost 18 months ago and requested a Jury Trial. The court neither scheduled a Jury Trial not Amended the case. Defendant provided some fake documents and made several false statements in thier motion for Summary Judgment; I filed an Affidavit and provided details on defendant's fake documents and false statements but all were ignored and the Judge granted them a summary judgment against me. Interesting thing is that Texas DMV filed a case against this defendant for fraud related to my transaction and defendant settled it with heavy penalty. Texas DMV is conducting a criminal investigation related to this transaction. All these records were provided to the court but it was all ignored.

I only have about 5 days to file an appeal or Motion.

1 Lawyer Answer
Penny Wymyczak-White
Penny Wymyczak-White
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You need to retain a lawyer, Appeals are complicated,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.