London, OH asked in Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: I have had to leave my girlfriends condo due to her drug induced son. How can i get my possessions?

I have a very nice bicycle and watch along with computers and my clothes

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Piazza
Christopher Piazza
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Generally, in these cases, I advise my clients to call the local police for the area where the condo is located (for example, Strongsville PD or Cleveland PD 2nd District). Tell them that you want to get some stuff out of the house. They'll dispatch officers who will knock on the door, ask your girlfriend if you can get your stuff, and accompany you. This way you can safely get your possessions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.