Clementon, NJ asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Social Security for New Jersey

Q: If judge determines no CS due to equal joint custody, can other parent be granted " turn over full SSD Auxiliay benefit

Judge said, "benefits follows the kid" & "is not child support." Ex makes WAAAAAAY more than I. I receive SSD & kid gets it on my disability. Plus, I am req to provide separate living space for kid. (Shared parent rule) BUT how can I afford room with out the benefit that is supplied to supplement my income to pay for kid's room and expenses. Which rule, statute or case law did you get your answer?

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Diamond
Richard Diamond
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Short Hills, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: you need to schedule a consultation with a family law specialist to discuss the order entered by the court. I presume that you appeared pro se in connection with the entry of that court order and therefore a family law attorney needs to read the pleadings filed with the court, the court's order, and the court's statement of reasons along with a review of each sides case information statement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.