Seattle, WA asked in Family Law and Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington

Q: appealing to the court in CA to remove my name on sued list that I reside in WA

someone sued me and 2 brothers (they reside same CA state) about the money matter in the family. I would request to remove my name since I live out of the state.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Arbitration & Mediation Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You may want to consider discussing this with a Washington attorney. It isn't fully clear if this is an arbitration (which is your posted category) or a formal legal action, possibly based on a long-arm statute, federal diversity, or other jurisdictional basis. If it's an arbitration, there could be lines of communication that are less rigid than in state or federal civil practice. But if it's genuinely a lawsuit (since you mention being sued), an attorney could help you evaluate the matter and outline your best options in protecting your rights if you have valid grounds to challenge jurisdiction or other aspects of the lawsuit. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.